Caption: Photo:Taiwan Wanhua District
The Taiwan sex industry has a multitude of services which run from massage parlours, strip clubs, saunas, spas and KTV bars. Depending on the service you would like and how much you would like to spend depends on where you choose to go.Although Taiwan has approved of a law which allows the operation of red light districts designated by the local government, no local governments have implemented any zones for legal operation. This means people who are operating in unofficial red light districts are engaging in illegal services.
Taiwan Red Light District Locations
Most sex workers have moved underground or work with fake shop fronts that advertise the exchange of services for money. Although there are acouple of Non DesignatedRed Light DistrictLocations which can be found in Taiwan that include:
- Opposite the Taichung Good Ground Hotel/Marshal, No. 58 Guangfu Road, Taichung City, Taiwan 400
- You may also be able to find brothels around the Hua Xi Jie Night market.
Caption: Photo: Good Ground Hotel Taichung
- Wanhua is the main non designated red light district in Taiwan. You will be able to find a lot of massage parlours and karaoke bars in Wan-Hua. There are also a lot of prostitutes who work on the streets. There are also women who stand outside brothels who may offer discounted services and attempt to physically pull you into their store, this sale method is known as ”pulling the customer”. Sometimes the women pull the customer offering discounts but instead charge higher rates for unknown fees. Their method can seem quite aggressive if you are not used of it or are unaware of what will happened when you walk down this street. This area has an influx of local businessmen who make the sex industry here thrive. The sex workers in this area are mainly from China or Vietnamese. It is recommended to look for workers who stand outside of their brothels but do not aggressively pull their customer in, they are more likely to be honest in the services they offer.
- There is rumoured to be a small lane that has prostitutes standing outside near Love River.
Longshan Temple and Snake Alley
- The Longshan Temple is a Taiwan landmark where locals go to pray and perform customary traditions. At night time after business hours in Guangzhaou Street, it turns into a night market. At a traditional looking gate at the entrance of Huaxi Street which is also known as Snake Alley, this was where one of the most infamous red light districts operated. Since there are no designated red light districts, it is unsure whether this district still exists. If you are unable to find the red light district here, you can enjoy the delights of Snake Meat, Snake Blood Drinks and Turtle Soup.